This initial study showed a positive opportunity for several shuttle bus routes, given specific economic conditions. A full copy of the study can be requested from True North 400.
total cid investment
The CID conducted a feasibility study to determine opportunities for a Commuter Shuttle service within the district. Study goals included:
- Gathering, organizing and analyzing information regarding similar shuttle efforts locally and nationwide.
- Identifying stakeholders’ vision for a True North 400 Commuter Shuttle and formulating realistic goals and guidelines that support that vision.
- Developing routes, times, shuttle stop locations and potential funding options for the Commuter Shuttle program.
- Providing a recommendations package regarding shuttle bus routes, times, community partners and funding options to the CID Board of Directors.
- Creating a suggested implementation plan for the Commuter Shuttle program.
- Establishing draft policies and development standards that will promote and encourage the accomplishment of the community vision.
- Coordinating, where appropriate, with neighboring agencies (i.e., Fulton County, Forsyth County, the City of Alpharetta, the City of Roswell, the City of Milton, Perimeter, etc.) in the Metro Atlanta area.